SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Upcycle a sheet into a lovely kimono for the birthday girl to wear on her special day. Use a cork and sponge brush to create the floral pattern.
What you'll need:
Twin flat sheet, scissors, pink and brown acrylic paint, wine cork, 1" sponge brush, ribbon
1. Fold sheet in half lengthwise. Measure child from shoulder to toe; cut ends of sheet so it's that length. Trim one side so sheet's twice the width of her shoulders.
2. Lay the folded sheet flat on your work surface, and cut a slit up the center of the top layer to the fold.
3. Apply paint to the cork with the brush and make 5 dots in a flower shape on the bottom edge of the right panel of fabric. Repeat the flowers 20 to 25 times up the fold.
4. Lightly dip the tip of the brush into brown paint and dab in between the flowers to create branches. Let dry.
5. Place sheet over child's shoulders and wrap ribbon around her torso.
© Copyright 2015, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.