Parent or parent-to-be? You still deserve a little romance!
As a busy parent or parent-to-be, it's difficult to make time for romance. With a little effort and creativity you can renew the excitement and attraction that brought you and your partner together. Try these tips to inject more love and romance into your day:
- Take a long, leisurely bath together. Enjoy a glass of champagne or juice with sparkling water, and drop a cherry in it.
- Give each other a slow, soothing shoulder massage. Try using oils scented with a sensual aroma like jasmine, rose, or musk.
- Play exotic or soft music. Dance slowly by candlelight.
- Rent a romantic video and snuggle under a soft blanket. You can even try watching it "au naturel."
- Feed each other. Try chocolates and fresh fruits.
- Tell your partner what first attracted you to him. Then talk about what you love the most now.
- Look through photos taken when you first met. Remember how you felt when you started falling in love.
- Relive your first date. Return to the scene or re-create it as closely as possible.
- Sit together in the moonlight and just hold hands. Let nature take its course.
Sex After Baby: Tips for an Active Sex Life
Getting a babysitter is optional. Just wait until the kids are asleep and stay up a little later to give each other some undivided attention.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.