Hot At-Home Dates
Drop the baby off with your sister for a few hours, whip out that sexy bra, and get set to be swept away right there, in the privacy of your very own bedroom.
Anticipation is major foreplay. Psych yourself up by planning your date a couple of weeks in advance, suggests Haynes. "Get your hair and nails done, and buy a new outfit or borrow one from a friend," she advises. Even though you're not leaving the house, put on slinky heels and going-out makeup. And remember when you were first dating, how you would make a mental list of interesting things to talk about? Do it again. "Whatever you do, don't talk about the kids over dinner!" Haynes says. "Talk about where you want to go for your next vacation, relate funny anecdotes from work, discuss politics and art."
Set the scene. Dirty laundry and piles of Legos don't make for the sexiest boudoir. "You need to create the space for a sensual experience," says Thomashauer. "Pull down the shades, light some candles, and put on soft music." Spray a spritz or two of your favorite perfume on the sheets, and toss anything baby-related in the closet or under the bed.
Get in the mood. You might need a little help transitioning from Mom and Dad to red-hot love bunnies, so Thomashauer suggests you change into bathrobes (with nothing on underneath), and lie on the bed together reading erotica or just some sexy poetry. If you're not literary types, pop in a DVD of something you find stimulating, whether it's X-rated or something more subtly erotic. (See "Paramount Pictures" below, for suggestions.)
Still not there yet? Slip out of those robes, pull out a bottle of essential oils, and take turns giving each other a massage, says Thomashauer: "You can bet that within five or 10 minutes, a very sexy mood is going to unfold."
- Casablanca: Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman heat up World War II Morocco. A multiple-viewer.
- Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet: Gorgeous and timeless, the film features Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting as the star-crossed lovers in the Age of Aquarius.
- Love Story: Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw are the ultimate preppy couple in this sentimental classic, set on the pristine lawns of Harvard University.
The New Romantic Reels
- Valley Girl: An '80s masterpiece. Nicolas Cage and Deborah Foreman prove that love conquers all at the mall.
- When Harry Met Sally: Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal tread a complicated path of love and friendship through the streets of Manhattan.
- Ghost: Demi Moore takes a chance on a supernatural romance with Patrick Swayze.