1. Turn up the heat and set the mood with a seductive, scented candle.
Romantic florals are our favorites. Try Bath & Body Works White Barn New York Collection in Rose Geranium ($25) or Lather Passion Flower Aromatherapy Candle ($12).run wild.
2. Treat yourself to 20 minutes of blissful tubtime.
Add a moisturizing salt or soak that smells enticing; we recommend The Healing Garden Jasminetheraphy Waves of Delight Body Soak ($9; shown) or Garden Botanika Honey Citrus Foaming Bath Melt ($5).
3. Get glowing skin while soaking with a minifacial.
Use a mask that unclogs oil-rigged pores to reveal a brighter, healthier complexion. Two to try: Biore Self-Heating Mask One-Minute Deep Cleansing Facial ($6) or Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask ($38; we swear it's worth the splurge!).
4. Polish dull arms and legs with a soothing, shimmering lotion.
We like Bloom Era of Shine Shimmer Body Cream ($20; shown) and Jergens Soft Shimmer Skin Radiance Moisturizer ($6).
5. Skip the everyday underwear, and slip into something sexy.
- BE A FLIRT: Pink Angels camisole and bikini bottom by Victoria's Secret (cami, $28; bikini, $14)
- HAVE SOME FUN: Brown lace camisole (with ribbon) and briefs by Anthropologie (cami, $58; briefs, $38)
- MAKE HIM FAINT: Black boy-cut undie and bra set by Fashion Forms (bra, $15; undie $6.50)
- GO WILD: "Kitten" camisole and bikini by Lucy B. ($54)
- GET ROMANTIC: Fuchsia nightie with tan lace by Eberjey ($66)
6. Slick on simple, sultry red -- enough said.
We're into Clinique Colour Surge Lipstick in Vintage Red ($13.50; shown) and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Revlon Red ($8.75).
7. Deep condition for soft, shiny strands.
Suggestions: Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat ($13) and Graham Webb Silk Repair Silk Protein Leave-in Conditioner ($13).
8. Pass on your everyday perfume; spritz something new and fabulous.
We've fallen for Avon Wink ($17) and Peter Thomas Roth It ($52).
9. Look hot in a little black dress -- whatever your budget.
- Spaghetti straps and twist front by My Michelle ($40)
- Flutter sleeve by JCPenney ($70)
- Velvet with netting by Helena Stuart for Only Hearts ($130)
10. Spend some one-on-one with your man.
Call a babysitter, make a dinner reservation for two, and cap off the night by going dancing. Or just stay in, and let your imagination run wild.
Copyright © 2004 Robin Immerman. Reprinted with permission of Parents magazine February 2004 issue.