Can Friendships Survive Parenthood?
- 53% of parents unhappy with their friendships feel forced to choose between family and friends because of time constraints. Only 14% who are satisfied with their friendships feel that pressure.
- 19% of fathers and 18% of mothers feel dissatisfied with a friendship because they no longer share similar interests.
- 82% of women and 68% of men say most of their friends also have kids.
- 6 is the average number of close friends men have; women have 4.
- 2 to 1: the ratio of women to men who say that parenthood is the main topic of conversation among their friends.
- 29% of mothers wish Rosie O'Donnell could be their friend. Sixteen percent would prefer Oprah Winfrey, and 12% relate most to Katie Couric.
- 58% of women and 49% of men say it's important that their friends like their kids.