Other People's Animals
Make sure your kids follow these rules when they deal with other neighborhood pets.
- Don't touch a dog without first asking its owner whether it?s okay.
- Never run up to any dog. Instead, always approach slowly from the side or front, never from the back.
- Always let a dog sniff you before you touch it.
- Don't pet a dog on the top of its head. Instead, pat its back.
- If a strange dog approaches you, try to stand still. Running away may encourage the animal to chase you.
- When you see a dog loose in the neighborhood, always inform an adult.