To get out of the house without losing sneakers or your temper, follow our simple plan.
Back to School Advice: Morning Routine
- Lay out clothes.
- Make lunch and leave it in the fridge.
- Sign permission slips, and write notes to the teacher.
- Pack backpack and leave it-and anything else that needs to go to school-by the front door.
- Get up 15 minutes earlier so you're not rushed.
- Serve a healthy breakfast.
- Give your child a to-do list (with pictures if he can't read yet) so you don't have to nag him to get dressed, brush his teeth, or make his bed.
- Keep the TV off.
- Give your child a big kiss before you say goodbye.
Copyright © 2005. Reprinted with permission from the March 2005 issue of Parents magazine.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.