The Ham-on-White-Bread Fan
Ham on white bread has been the No. 1 American sandwich for years. We improved on the classic with our colorful roll-up of lean deli ham, cheese for calcium, a carrot (hey, we weave in a vegetable whenever we can!), and a whole wheat flour tortilla to kick up the fiber. Add a dipping sauce, and kids will really have a good time dunking and eating.
Ham & Cheese Roll-Ups
- 8-inch whole wheat flour tortilla
- 1 to 2 tbsp. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp. preshredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 oz. thinly sliced lean deli ham
Spread the cream cheese evenly over tortilla. Layer with carrots, cheese, and ham. Roll up tightly and slice in half. Serve with a dipping sauce (such as honey mustard or barbecue), sliced strawberries or melon, and a glass of milk.