These cripsy drumsticks can be made in advance and frozen.
Total prep and cook time: 40 minutes.
Yield: 8 or 9 drumsticks.
2 1/2 cups cornflake cereal
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 lb. chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade, process cereal until crumbs are formed. Add flour, salt, and poultry seasoning and pulse a few times to combine. Transfer crumb mixture to large resealable plastic bag.
- Dip drumsticks in egg, letting excess drip back into bowl. Place in bag with crumbs, two at a time, and shake until evenly coated. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spray drumsticks lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Juices should be clear.
- To freeze: When completely cooled, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze up to 2 months. Place in refrigerator the night before serving.
Nutrition per drumsticks: 130 cal.; 15 g pro.; 3 g fat; 10 g carb.; 425 mg sod.; 74 mg chol.