Preparing for School
There are several activities that you can be working on right now to help your family prepare for the upcoming school year. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Schedule a physical in the summer if you child plays sports.
- Ensure immunizations are up to date.
- Discuss school year routines two to three weeks before school starts to ease children in. It will make their life easier -- and yours.
- Clean out the closet and try on clothes to see if they still fit or need mending.
- Inventory clothing and make a list so you know what to shop for as soon as you receive back-to-school fliers.
- Pass clothes on to other children, or donate or consign.
- Bump up bedtime 10 to 15 minutes.
- Start waking up closer to the school-day time a couple of weeks before classes begin.
- Figure out the bus schedule. (And have breakfast with your neighbors on the first day, after the kids are on the bus!)