This is what the best-dressed dining tables are wearing this holiday season--a simple green felt cloth decorated with fall leaves and other seasonal shapes that are held in place with a little fabric glue.
What you need:
Green felt equal in size to surface area of table plus 24"
Roll of brown kraft paper
Scallop fabric shears
Orange, yellow, brown, and tan felt squares
Orange, yellow, brown, and tan yarn
Leaf and acorn templates*
1. Drape felt over your table, and cut to fit, leaving about 12" hanging over each side.
2. Give the cloth a decorative edge by trimming with scallop fabric shears.
3. To decorate, cut leaves and acorns (see templates)* in varying sizes from different colors of felt, and glue to the overhanging sides of the tablecloth.
4. Cut varying lengths and colors of yarn, and glue to tablecloth. Drape cloth over the table. To create a drawing surface for the kids to decorate, cut a piece of brown kraft paper to fit table center and place over top of felt.
* You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the template. If you don't have this program, click below for a free download.