Multigrain Blackberry Waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-30 minutes, depending on size of waffle maker
The blackberry glaze turns ordinary waffles into a dish guests of all ages will rave about. Plus, it supplies vitamins A, C, and E as well as disease-fighting antioxidants and fiber.
- 2 cups Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 1/2 cups skim or low-fat milk
- 2 cups blackberries, fresh or thawed
- In a large bowl, combine waffle mix, eggs, canola oil, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and milk. Stir until no longer lumpy; do not overmix. Cook according to the directions that came with your waffle maker.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining maple syrup and blackberries in a saucepan on low heat until the syrup is almost boiling. Cool a few minutes and serve over the waffles. Recipe makes 12 standard or 6 Belgian waffles.
Each child-size serving (1 standard waffle) 188 calories, 5 g protein, 35 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 4 g fat (0 g saturated), 36 mg cholesterol, 1 mg iron, 129 mg calcium, 215 mg sodium.