At some point on Mother's Day, you may want some time alone or a chance for a little rest and relaxation. Make sure you get what you need -- and deserve -- by asking for it in advance. For instance, a few days before Mother's Day, give your husband and kids a list of five "services" you desire. The list could include:
- An hour alone so I can call a friend or soak in the tub
- A chance to sleep in until 9 a.m.
- A manicure at my favorite nail salon
- No sibling squabbles for an hour
- Whatever else you'd really love!
Have your husband and kids make up coupons with each of these services, and be sure to redeem them throughout Mother's Day weekend.