Green Thumb Pasta
Before you make this pasta, let your kids pick the veggies from your garden. No garden? Take a family trip to the local farmers' market.
- 4 cups rotini pasta
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 cup low-fat vinaigrette dressing like Newman's Own Light Italian
Step 1: Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
Step 2: Place the cooked pasta in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss well to mix. Chill for at least one hour.
Each serving: 153 calories, 4 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 12 mg calcium, 2 mg iron, 335 mg sodium.