This trio of felines may look harmless by day, but beware come nightfall, when their eyes cast a ghoulish gleam.
What you need:
- White foam-core board or cardboard
- X-Acto knife
- Wooden garden stakes
- Wood glue
- Black spray paint
- Drop cloth
- Glow-in-the-dark or reflective tape
- Cat patterns *
- Enlarge cat patterns * and cut out.
- Trace pattern onto foam-core board or cardboard, and cut out using an X-Acto knife.
- Attach wooden garden stakes to cats with wood glue and let dry.
- When the glue is dry (about twenty minutes), lay the cats on a drop cloth and spray-paint one side black. When the painted side is dry (about 30 minutes), turn over and paint the other.
- Using our eerie eye pattern, cut a pair of eyes from reflective or glow-in-the-dark tape. Secure eyes to cats and place in yard.
* You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the template. If you don't have this program, see link below for a free download.
Copyright © 1999 and 2001. Reprinted with permission from the October 1999 and the October 2001 issue of Parents Magazine