Winged Pumpkin Bats
Spectral faces fly from the trees when you create bats from mini pumpkins and plastic bags. Hang them from a thin wire so they'll sway eerily in the breeze.
Materials for each bat:
- Black garbage bag
- Wire cutter
- 2 Wire hangers
- Black cloth tape
- Small pumpkin
- Black paint or permanent marker
- Craft or kitchen knife
- Thin wire
- Wing pattern *
- Lay garbage bag flat on table. Print wing pattern* on paper. Tape pattern to bag and cut. This will give you 2 wings.
- Lay each wing flat. Using wire cutter, cut a straight length of the hanger the length of each wing. Lay wire down center. Cover wire with a strip of black tape.
- Fold wing in half, bringing the 2 pointed sides together so tape is inside. Push 1 end of wire into each side of pumpkin. Bend wings as desired. Paint or draw face.
4. To hang, use knife to make a slit in the pumpkin handle. Slip wire through slit.
* You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the template. If you don't have this program, see related links below for a free download.