Halloween Craft: How To Make Spool Monsters
You've got mail. When a witch lands on your mailbox, you know it's a special delivery. This one's made from a small pumpkin and plastic garbage bags. A broom provides the finishing touch.
- 2 to 3 Large black garbage bags
- Acrylic enamel craft paints
- Clear packing tape
- Orange pumpkin leaf bag
- Bag tie
- Witch's hat
- Lay 1 garbage bag flat. Cut open sides to make a long rectangle. Wrap this around mailbox, covering half. Pull and tie tightly under box. Cut off excess.
- Paint face on pumpkin. Let dry. Cut off end of gourd and use T-pins to attach to face. Place pumpkin on front end of mailbox. Use tape to attach, tightly wrapping tape around pumpkin and box several times.
- To make hair, cut away the closed end of pumpkin leaf bag. Cut bag in half horizontally. Use 1 half only. Tie bag in center with bag tie. Cut strips to make hair on both sides of bag. Use T-pins to attach hair to pumpkin.
- Cut another black garbage bag to make a large rectangle. Drape over back of mailbox to make cape. Tape front edge to mailbox behind witch's head. Cut a jagged bottom on the cape.
- Nail or tape broomstick to post. Put witch's hat on pumpkin. Attach with T-pins.