Start with a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants.
What You Need:
- Stiffened felt in red and orange
- Fabri-Tac glue by Beacon
- Regular red and orange felt
- Velcro sew-on tape
- 17-x-17-inch square of felt to match the sweatshirt
- Small feathers in assorted colors
- Scraps of black and white felt
1. Download the Rooster pattern. (This requires free Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. For the beak, cut a visor shape out of red stiffened felt and one out of orange stiffened felt. Glue the red to the orange. Then glue the visor to the front of the hood.
3. For the rooster comb, cut two comb shapes out of red stiffened felt. Glue them together, leaving the bottom end unglued. Open the bottom up into a T shape, coat it in glue, and attach it to the hood.
4. For the wattle at the neck, cut three wattle shapes out of regular red felt. Use Velcro sew-on tape to attach them to the shirt collar.
5. For the feathered cape, use the 17-x-17-inch square of felt. Fold the square in half and, along the fold, cut out a semicircle to make the head opening. Cut a 3-inch slit coming out of the circle for a better fit. Glue feathers all around the edges of the cape.
6. For the eyes, cut two white circles and two black circles from felt. Glue to hood.