Ages 6-8: Personalized Umbrella
Every time there's a gray and rainy day, remind Dad that you think he's the best by creating a specially designed umbrella just for him.
What you'll need
- a compact umbrella in Dad's favorite color
- several colors of puffy fabric paint in squeezable plastic jars with applicator tips (available at craft stores)
1. Lay old newspapers over your work surface
2. Open the umbrella and set it on the newspapers
3. Help your child draw designs or pictures and write "World's Best Dad" in large letters around the umbrella.
4. Follow directions on the paint jars regarding how long to let the paint dry.
Voila! Dad will stay dry, and his heart will be warmed by this useful and thoughtful gift.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.