Ages 0-3: Handprint Frame
When children are very young it's difficult, and sometimes impossible, to actually "make" a craft together. But you can help your baby or toddler give a little bit of themselves to Dad this Father's Day by creating a handprint photo frame. It's easy, safe, and inexpensive.
What you'l need
- a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 sturdy acid-free paper
- a 5 x 7 picture frame
- nontoxic poster paint
- a glue stick
- a small photo of father and child together
1. Carefully dip the palm of your child's hand into a small dish of poster paint.
2. Gently press the paint-covered hand into the center of the sheet of paper.
3. Quickly clean your child's hand with soap and water.
4. Allow handprint to dry.
5. Cut the dried handprint to fit the 5 x 7 picture frame.
6. Cut the photo into a heart shape.
7. Glue the photo into the center of the handprint.
8. Insert the sheet with the handprint and the heart-shaped photo into the frame.
That's it! You can add a special message for Dad like "Thanks for holding my hand," or "Happy Father's Day to a Hands-On Dad" along with the date. Dad will appreciate this one-of-a-kind and heartfelt gift.