Mom's Bag of Tricks
We know, it's exhausting to get ready for every possible scenario when you leave the house. But at holiday time, it pays to be overprepared, since shops may be closed and activities are frantic enough.
- Always take an extra outfit for each kid, or at least a spare T-shirt and sweatpants.
- Pack portable stain wipes (made by Shout and other brands) to treat clothes quickly.
- Also stock up on travel packs of wipes to clean baby's face and hands (Mustela's Facial Cleansing Clothes are good for this).
- If a visit will stretch into the evening, take your child's pajamas so he can change and fall asleep in the car on the way home.
- Pack a child's hairbrush for a quick sweep right before picture-taking.