Cheesy Biscuits and Holiday Pepper Jelly
- 8 oz. finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbs. water
- In a food processor, pulse cheese and butter until well blended. Add flour, sugar, salt, and curry powder, and pulse several times until well mixed. Add the water, and pulse 2 or 3 more times. Turn dough out onto a clean surface; knead with hands until smooth. Gather dough into a ball, divide in half, and shape each half into a 90 log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 375?F. Grease 2 baking sheets. Slice logs into 1/40 disks and place on prepared baking sheets. Place paprika in a small bowl. Dip small cookie cutter in paprika, then lightly press onto a biscuit. Repeat, dipping cutter in paprika for each biscuit. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until just golden. Makes about 6 dozen biscuits.
Holiday Pepper Jelly
Let your child decorate the jar lids for this spicy jelly. It goes perfectly with our Cheesy Biscuits.
- 8 cups sugar, divided
- 2 jalape?o peppers, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 cups apple-cider vinegar
- 1 box (6 oz.) liquid pectin (2 pouches), such as Certo
In a food processor, combine 1 cup of the sugar and the jalape?o peppers. Process until jalape?o peppers are completely ground: Sugar will look green. Transfer to a large saucepan. Cut green and red bell peppers into chunks. Chop pepper chunks into small pieces in food processor. Add peppers, vinegar, and remaining sugar to saucepan and bring to a boil. Add both pouches of pectin, and boil 1 minute. Skim foam from surface. Let cool for 1 hour. Stir, then transfer to clean jars and cover. Refrigerate up to 6 months. Makes 9 cups.