What You'll Need:
- Paper or plastic cup
- Jingle bell (available at tohoshoji-ny.com)
- White glue
- Tinsel garland
1. Poke a small hole in the bottom of the cup.
2. Cut ribbon to a length that is about four times the height of the cup. Thread a jingle bell halfway onto the ribbon and double it. Knot the doubled ribbon together about halfway, making sure that the bell will hang just below the opening of the cup.
3. Push the ends of the ribbon through the hole in the cup and tie at the top to hang.
4. Spread glue on the outside of the cup and wrap tinsel garland around until covered completely; let dry.
Originally published in the December 2009 issue of Parents magazine.