What You Need
- Red, green, and cream paper
- Silver wrapping paper
Glue stick and white glue
- Silver wrapping paper adhesive-backed decorative strips, flat beads, appliqués, and sequins (available at craft stores)
- Crayons or markers
1. Cut a rectangle out of red or cream paper and fold in half to form a card.
2. Have your child draw a tree shape on green paper, and help him cut it out. Next, ask him to draw and cut out a tree trunk.
3. Rub the back of the tree shape with the glue stick and lay it on the center of the card, pressing it down firmly all around; apply glue to the trunk and press it in place. Glue on a silver star shape or sequin to decorate the top of the tree.
4. If you wish to add a garland, ask your child to cut an adhesive-backed silver strip long enough to cross the upper portion of the tree. Peel off the backing and press it on the tree at an angle. Continue the process in a zigzag pattern down the tree.
5. To add ornaments, help your child dab white glue onto the backs of various beads, sequins, or small appliqu?s (available at craft stores) and then apply them to the tree. Once the card is dry, have him inscribe a holiday greeting inside.