Emergency Tactics


What happens: Your child may become ill, or you may notice a change in behavior. Be aware, however, that children who eat or drink something poisonous sometimes show no symptoms.

What to do: If he becomes ill, call for emergency help right away. During that call, find out what to do for her symptoms, which may include a seizure, loss of consciousness, or breathing trouble. If she shows no symptoms, call your local Poison Control Center before dialing 911.

What not to do: Don't forget to have the medication or substance that she swallowed in hand when you call so you can give complete information to the Poison Control Center. Don't make her vomit unless advised to do so by the Poison Control Center.

Parents Are Talking

Add a Comment