What if my child swallows a bottle of kiddie vitamins?
He probably wouldn't be in terrible danger. "If the tablets don't contain iron or fluoride, they're considered nontoxic," says Anna Travis, R.N., of the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Poison Center. Taking too many could cause an upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, or funny-colored urine (from vitamin dyes). A toxic amount of iron or fluoride would require immediate medical attention. Have the number of your local poison center on hand, just in case.