Mount Rainier National Park, Ashford, WA
National Park Service
Total Acres: 235,625
Number of Family-Friendly Trails: 10 (one is stroller-accessible)
Best Time to Visit: July and August, when it's warm and sunny
- Schedules scenic guided strolls on the 1 1/2-mile Grove of the Patriarchs Walk, which is filled with magnificent old trees.
- Offers 600-plus campsites and two hotels with fabulous views of Mount Rainier.
- Has kid-friendly touch tables and sound exhibits in the three visitors' centers.
- Provides 58 diaper-changing stations, the largest number of our survey.
- Hosts a Skulls and Skins workshop; kids learn to classify animals by what they eat.
A wonderland of waterfalls, glaciers, and even a rainforest, Mount Rainier National Park is as sweet as it looks. Don't miss Paradise, an area blooming with wildflowers. Your family can hop on the easy 1.2-mile Nisqually Vista Trail for a tour and a glimpse of a glacier.
Contact: 360-569-2211; www.nps.gov/mora.
Entrance fee: $10 per vehicle for a seven-day pass.