Tips for a Successful & Fun Family Vacation
Leaving on a Jet Plane
8 Plane Activities
- Eat: Don't fill up in the airport; draw out snacking one Goldfish at a time.
- Browse: The in-flight catalog and safety card might catch baby's interest.
- Play: It's hard to put on a voice for a car or pony more that 5 minutes, but delve into your inner actress.
- Watch TV: On Jet Blue, each seat has a satellite TV; on other airlines, take a portable DVD player.
- Cuddle: Depending on baby's age and mood, having you available is a thrill.
- Color: But crayons roll off the tray; don't depend on this for too long.
- Nurse: Swallowing alleviates ear pressure.
- Unwrap: Buy a dollar store toy, gift-wrap it, then use it as a surprise.
Don't Count On
- A walk: No strolling the aisle -- you're in the way.
- Sleep: Toddlers like to be hyper for the entire flight, then fall asleep five minutes before landing.
- Byways.org to find scenic driving routes.
- Nps.gov for information on national parks.
- Traveltoysandgames.com and madallie.com are both children's travel stores.
- Travelzoo.com for last-minute deals posted weekly.
- Familytravelforum.com for finding destination recommendations.