44 Things Every Kid Should Do Before Turning 8
No. 16: How to Make a Pom-Pom
- Take a square of cardboard and wrap yarn around it. (The more you wrap, the fluffier your pom-pom will be.)
- Gently ease the yarn off the cardboard and tightly tie the middle.
- Cut the loops on both ends and fluff!
No. 30: How to Make Lemonade from Scratch
- You'll need: 1 large lemon, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups water, ice.
- Make sugar syrup: Add sugar and 1 cup water to a pan and heat to boil; let cool.
- For each serving, combine juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons sugar syrup, and 8 ounces cold water.
- Add ice and serve.
No. 37: Make a Good Paper Airplane
- Fold a sheet of paper in half, lengthwise, and crease well.
- From top of rectangle, fold down 1/2 inch. Repeat, folding paper over itself, half a dozen times.
- Fold down the top left corner, then the top right corner. Fold in half.
- Form the wings by folding paper toward the crease.
- Let 'er loose.