Sprinklers, Tadpoles, and Space Travel
Billionaire Donald Trump
1. Learn to manage your allowance, and think of the best ways to use it.
First Lady of California Maria Shriver
2. Run in the sprinklers. And make sure at least one of your parents runs with you.
Music Man Dan Zanes
3. Take part in a march for peace. Or something else you believe in. I recommend making a colorful sign to march with.
4. Ride a roller coaster.
5. Play tag in the rain.
Wildlife Expert Jeff Corwin
6. Watch tadpoles hatch into frogs.
7. Catch and eat your own fish.
8. Learn a bit about astronomy and observe the stars.
Star of Stage, Screen, and Page John Lithgow
9. Go to one -- or more -- major-league ball games.
10. Read at least one chapter book from start to finish.
11. Suffer a major disappointment and learn to live with it.
Super Scientist Vicki Cobb
12. Experiment to find out how many different ways you can squirt water out of your mouth.
Hip Teen Oliver Saks
13. Learn how to ride a bike. I'm talking a two-wheeler without training wheels and extra points for gears.
14. Travel to the moon. Nothing is impossible before you're 8.
15. Get exactly the haircut you want -- not the one your parents want.
Critter Creator Sandra Boynton
16. Make a yarn pom-pom. It's very zen and very soothing.
17. earnLay igPay atinLay.
18. Make up a recipe, cook it, and name it. (Bad example: "Anchovy Peanut Butter Surprise.")
19. Write a song, then sing it for three people and one animal. It could be a stuffed animal. But they tend to be more critical than live ones are.