Flying: Going Through Security
At security you'll be expected to:
- Keep your boarding pass in your hand at all times. But because you're a mom, you'll more likely wind up holding it in your teeth while you manage the baby.
- Send everyone's shoes through the scanning machine. Take baby's shoes off while she's still in the stroller and have your hands free because next you'll need to...
- Take baby out of the stroller (or carrier, or car seat), fold the stroller, and send it through the scanner.
- Help older children put their loveys through the scanner. Promise that blanket or teddy will meet you on the other side.
- Encourage a toddler to walk through the security gate ahead of or behind you.
- Hold your baby without any carrier as you walk through the security gate.
- Gather up everything on the other side; get shoes on and stroller unfolded as quickly as you can.
In preparation, we suggest you all wear slide-on shoes and little to no jewelry. To limit your juggling, try to use one big sack as your carry-on rather than a purse plus a diaper bag plus a bag of toys.