Athletic Program Directors
- Set game rules to accommodate age-appropriate skills or fitness.
- Group children according to size, skill, and maturational level rather than age.
- De-emphasize playoffs and avoid all-star contests.
- Require pre-participation physical examinations.
- Have a doctor in attendance at all games and physical competitions.
- Establish strict policies about injuries, emergencies, and the return of injured players.
- Maintain suitability of playing facilities.
- Keep an open door for feedback from players, parents, and coaches.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.