Advice for Coaches and Parents
- Stress playing hard and mastering the sport ahead of winning.
- Allow each child equal playing time.
- Praise good effort.
- Serve as a role model for the players
- Handle mistakes with encouragement and corrective instruction.
- Incorporate free play into practice sessions and end practice on a positive note.
- Insist on warm-up procedures and the wearing of protective equipment at all times.
- Stress the importance of abiding by the rules of the game in letter and in spirit.