What Do You Call a Baby...
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Playing time: 15 minutes
Players: All present
What you'll need
- a large piece of paper or poster board
- a dark marker
- paper and pencils for the guests
- a timer
Before the party
- Do a bit of research. You'll need a list of animals and the proper name for their offspring. Get creative. Sure, everyone knows dog/puppy and cow/calf. But will they get turkey/poult or raccoon/kit? Mix easy and difficult ones.
- List on your poster board -- in clear letters -- the names of 20 adult animals.
At the party
- Seat guests so they can easily see the poster board. Distribute paper and pencils.
- Give guests five minutes to study the board and try to guess the names of as many baby animals as possible.
- The guest with the most correct answers wins.