Beat the Clock
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Play time: 15 minutes
Players: All present
What you'll need
- two dozen or so small objects, such as a thimble, a coin, a baby rattle, etc
- a tray big enough to hold 10 of the objects
- a box or towel that can completely cover the objects on the tray
- a timer
Before the party
- Gather your objects. Be sure they are interesting shapes, but recognizable household items.
At the party
- Arrange a tray with 10 of the items. Have guests sit where all can see the tray.
- Set the timer for two minutes. Guests have that time to look at and try to memorize the items. No talking or note-taking allowed!
- Cover the items. Hand out paper and pencils.
- Ask the guests to write down as many of the items as they can remember. The one who remembers the most items wins.
- If you have time and your group is enthusiastic, play best of three rounds, mixing up the items on the tray.