These tips will help you make music a part of your family's life.
- Keep toy instruments in your playroom for impromptu concerts. Maracas, rhythm sticks, and small drums are perfect for this age.
- Take your child to outdoor concerts designed for 2- and 3-year-olds.
- Let your child tinker on the piano while you play a song alongside.
- Keep CD players in the kitchen, playroom, and your child's room.
- Take your preschooler to the symphony -- or a rock concert. She can't sit that long, and the volume might frighten her or hurt her ears.
- Sign him up for formal piano lessons. It's too early and will only turn him off.
- Limit her listening to one kind of music.
- Only buy toy instruments. A real tambourine makes a wonderful sound and often costs the same as a toy one.