Waldorf Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, quartered (whole grapes pose a choking hazard for children under 4)
- 2 cups diced apples
- 2 oz. toasted, slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 cups low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 oz. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Whisk together remaining ingredients as dressing; toss into salad. Serve in store-bought pastry shells, if desired.
Each serving: 278 calories, 15 g protein, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 3 g fiber, 32 mg cholesterol, 75 mg calcium, 2 mg iron, 598 mg sodium.