Special Moments Album
The designer: Tonya Haynes of Tucson, Arizona. Tonya created a beautiful album with striking black-and-white photographs.
The concept: This Special Moments album is an ongoing project that allows you to add noteworthy photographs throughout your baby's first year of life.
- Choose an album. Tonya selected a small spiral-bound album with room for one picture on each page. (If you'd like to add extra pages throughout the year, choose a three-ring album.)
- Create a dedication page at the front of your book that includes your child's name and the dates of the pictures in the album.
- Choose a design scheme for your album. Tonya used two shades of blue and two shades of green cardstock, plus two matching patterned papers. She used a single cluster of flowers as an accent throughout her book.
- Cut photo mats and adhere them to the pages in your album.
- Look for baby-related quotes and poetry. The Internet is a terrific resource; you can find a variety of quotes and sayings at Web sites such as www.quotationspage.com. Also save the cards you receive with baby gifts and use the poetry in your baby album.
- Make a list of pictures you want to capture on film. How about a close-up of your child's tiny hands and feet? A photograph of your child snuggled with a favorite teddy bear? Your baby sleeping with his favorite blanket? Interacting with various friends and family members?
- Is a family member or special friend taking pictures of your baby? Ask the photographer to hand you the camera so you can include a picture of her with your baby in your album.
- Take the pictures on your list and add them to your book. Be sure to date your photographs.
- Look through your collection of quotes and poems. Transcribe the most applicable and meaningful poems onto cardstock and attach them to your pages with appropriate pictures.
Visit www.simplescrapbooksmag.com for more great scrapbooking ideas and to subscribe to Simple Scrapbooks, the new magazine from the publishers of Creating Keepsakes. With inspiring ideas, streamlined techniques, and a clean and elegant style, Simple Scrapbooks makes it possible to create beautiful pages in minutes and stunning albums in a weekend!
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.