Before you get lost in a myriad of parenthood responsibilities, take a moment to snap a photo, set aside a favorite baby trinket, or jot down what's new and cool about life with your little one.
Our keepsake crafts will help you capture the many precious milestones of your infant's first year. The best part: These pretty projects can be put together in just a few hours while your baby naps--but the results will be worth cherishing for a lifetime.
Document your newest addition by tracing each family member's hand and mounting the cutouts on a matted frame. For the best results, trace your baby's hand while she's sleeping.
What you need:
- Fusible webbing (available at sewing-supply stores)
- Fabric for backing
- Colored art paper
- Use fusible webbing to adhere fabric to frame backing to create a background.
- With pencil, trace hand (left or right) of all family members onto pieces of art paper, using a different color for each person.
- Cut out; layer hands on top of each other, placing the largest one first, and glue together.
- Glue stack of hands to fabric matting, adding family name and date underneath, if desired.