What You'll Need
- One 14" x14" x14" cardboard box
- Craft knife
- Duck tape
- Large rubber bands
- Post-it Mobile Attach and Go pockets
- Binder clips (optional)
- Flatten the box completely by carefully opening its seam.
- With the craft knife, cut off all the box's flaps.
- Next, cut off one of the sides of the box; reserve this square.
- You will have a tri-fold piece of cardboard remaining. Using your ruler as a straight-edge guide, cut a corner off each of the two sides with your knife.
- Tape the reserved square of cardboard to the back side of the center section to create a double thickness (this will allow you to insert pushpins in the cardboard without them coming through).
- Cover the sides of your carrel with stripes of Duck tape.
- Stretch large rubber bands around the carrel to create a space to tuck notes and papers.
- Stick Post-it Mobile Attach and Go pockets to the interior of your carrel.
Originally published in the September 2013 issue of Parents magazine.