Photo Charm Bracelet
Remember Shrinky Dinks? Now you can use that same cool superthin plastic to make your own jewelry.
What You Need
- Shrinky Dinks plastic sheets for inkjet printers
- Hole punch
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Cookie sheet
- Brown paper bag
- Clear nail polish
- Accent beads
- Jewelry jump rings
- Elastic jewelry cord
- Choose seven digital pictures. Select wallet-size prints for each photo.
- Set your printer to its photo setting and select black-and-white printing. To prevent photos from becoming distorted, also set your printer to "transparencies" or lighten the photos 50 percent.
- Load one Shrinky Dinks plastic sheet into your printer and print photos.
- Cut out photos and trim with scallop-edge scissors. Punch a hole in the corner of each photo and put a jump ring through each hole.
- Preheat oven to 275 F. Lay photos on a paper-bag-lined cookie sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes until they shrink. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- To protect photo charms, brush on a coat of clear nail polish. Cut a piece of elastic jewelry cord to fit your child's wrist. Thread on photo charms, alternating with colorful beads, until bracelet is complete. Knot ends tightly.