What You'l Need:
12-x-12-inch sheets of white, red, and blue card stock; Glue; 1/8-inch hole punch; Star paper punches in several sizes; Twenty 10-inch strips of ribbon (1/4 to 1/2 inch wide), Ruler, Twine
- Cut white card stock into two 6-x-12-inch rectangles. Glue ribbon strips along the opposite side.
- Along the 12-inch side of one rectangle, measure and punch a hole at 4 inches, at 8 inches, and at 11 1/2 inches.
- Punch out stars in various sizes from colored card stock. Flip white card stock over; glue stars onto rectangle.
- Roll rectangle until one edge meets, but does not overlap, the first hole. Glue edges together, press firmly, and let dry. Thread cord through holes and hang.
- You're all done -- so let that flag fly high!
Originally published in the July 2007 issue of Parents magazine.