Make a Snow Gauge
- 1 liter soda bottle, emptied and cleaned
- laundry marker
1. Cut off the top half of the soda bottle.
2. Stand a ruler next to the bottle and mark the outside in centimeters or inches with a permanent laundry marker.
3. Place the bottle outside where it can collect the falling snow.
4. When the snow stops falling, measure how much snow has fallen in your bottle.
5. Take the bottle inside and let the snow melt. Compare the amount of snow that was in the bottle to the amount of water in the bottle once the snow has melted.