Papier Mache Snowman
- 3 papier mache boxes in incremental sizes (1 1/2", 1 3/4", and 2" across)
- black and white craft paints
- paint brush or foam brush
- 2 wiggle eyes (about 1/4 inch across)
- 3 black beads (3/8 inch)
- red sock or red felt
- orange clay
- glue gun
1. Paint the 2 larger boxes with white craft paint and base coat the smallest box with black craft paint. Let boxes dry.
2. Using the end of foam brush (or other round surface such as the end of a pen), dip in white paint and apply white dots to the black box. Let dry.
3. Take the smallest box, remove the lid, and turn it upside down. Glue the lid on to the lid of the middle-sized box.
4. Glue the middle-sized box, right side up, on top of the largest box.
5. Take the red sock or felt and cut out an 1/2 inch x 8-inch strip to make a scarf. Tie the scarf around the snowman's neck.
6. Glue on wiggle eyes. Take a tiny piece of orange clay and shape a carrot nose. Glue to the face.
7. Glue on the black beads for the buttons.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.