Basic Hat (EASY)
- Take a rectangular piece of paper. A newspaper broadsheet makes a good hat for bigger kids' heads.
- Fold the paper in half by bringing the short sides together.
- With the fold at the top, take each of the upper corners, and bring them down to the middle so their points meet. (The folds look like triangles).
- With the bigger triangle point at the top, and the paper edges at the bottom, fold the open sides up on either side to form flaps.
- A basic hat! Add more zip by pinching the corners together in smaller folds on each other, or push the point in on your child's head to create a whole new shape.
Paint patterns or logos (your favorite team insignia?), or stick a feather in your cap and call it macaroni.