Basic Butterfly (EASY)
- Take a square piece of paper.
- Fold it in half by bringing two points together (to form a triangle).
- Fold the triangle in half along the long side (to form a smaller triangle).
- Undo your last fold so your shape is the same as at the end of step #2, the halved square.
- With the long fold at the bottom, take one of the triangle points and fold it over to the short triangle side.
- Do the same with the other triangle point. (It's as if the triangle were hugging itself).
- Now undo your "hug" and, holding along the spine, toss your butterfly in the air.
Color your butterflies, and string them up in a window or a doorway. Use other paper or felt to glue on spots, antennae, and wing details.