Skiing and Snowboarding
Trips to ski resorts for downhill skiing and snowboarding are popular winter activities for many families. Some even make it an annual event. In addition, many community groups organize reasonably priced ski and snowboarding trips. Typically, children need to be a little older (usually around 7 years or so) for snowboarding than for skiing. To keep your family safe year after year, follow these guidelines:
- Wear safety equipment. Always wear a helmet and goggles to protect your head and eyes.
- Get pro help. Beginners should take at least one lesson to learn basic techniques and safety skills.
- Ski or snowboard safely. Make sure your kids don't go too fast or get out of control.
- Use caution when entering and exiting the ski lift.
- Stick to slopes you can handle. Don't ski or snowboard above your ability. If you're a beginner, stick to beginner slopes.