Occasional Contributor
livsysjd
Re: Picky Eater- by picky I mean…..

I'm not trying to be rude, but what you started off offering in the start of his life is not really that good or healthy.  Your description is that of very higly processed foods ( inlcuding the carnation).  At this point, I would suggest what they call "monkey platters".  Create a plate that is filled with all kinds of different fruits, vegatables, nuts, some cheeses and some pickles.  Don't make a big deal out of it or even acknowledge it. Just make the plate and make sure it's out at all times.  Let him see you occassaionally snagging from it.  You can even put little mini lettuce wraps in this platter ( filled with peanut butter/raisins or whatever).  Don't force or give any great praise when he does eat something.  Kids can smell that a mile away.  See if he wants to help cook sometimes also.  Whatever you do, don't give up on the platters!  It will take some time to try things and for him to get used to it.  Try and minimize the highly processed foods in the home as well. Don't buy any extra highly processed foods, than what you already do and slowly try and cut much of it out.  FInd an alternative/healthier brand for a few of his favorite foods.  Just remember, the more attention you bring to any change- he wil notice.  Kids naturally fight what they feel is forced or what is given lots of attention.  You can also blend fruits and veggies together ( blender or juicer) and make into popsicles.