~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Occasional Contributor
meg7575
Re: The "talk"...
I think people refer to it as "the talk" bc it's just always been called that and everyone knows what your talking about, I think she is smart to ask when an appropriate time is and it sounded like you are putting those of us who want to be cautious when approaching something so important as sex. You sound very critical about people who don't share the same beliefs or do things the way you do. You've met people you don't like and others you like even less??? maybe try being a little more tolerant of people bc I'm sure there are people who don't agree with things you do. Your way may be right for you but doesn't mean it's THE right way.
Posted from Apple iPad
Occasional Contributor
meg7575
Re: The "talk"...
Hi Christine,
I was just having this conversation with a friend who has 2 boys ages 9 and 11 and having the same questions you are. She said that she has initiated some conversation with her 11 year old by asking him if he has any questions about girls, "girlfriends" etc... And at first he was mortified that she even mentioned it but he has now started asking questions here and there so she can kinda tell where his head is at and when it might be appropriate to share the more touchy stuff. I definitely don't agree with the other person who replied saying that we should basically talk to our kids at any age and hold nothing back, I think you have to protect your kids and let themBE kids as long as possible. I have a 6 year old girl so I'm not going through this:smileyhappy: but just wanted to share what my friend mentioned about how she periodically asks him if he has any questions until she thinks he's ready, it's sure a hard topic and I'm certainly not looking forward to it:smileyhappy: good luck!!!
Posted from Apple iPad