ModChristine
Santa and kids...

I'm curious...at what age did your children find out the truth about Santa?  My kiddos are 5, 9 and 10 and I keep thinking every year it will be the last year but luckily they still believe!  I was 10 when I found out from my parents.  I was made fun of at school because I still believed so I asked my parents to tell me the truth and they did.  I was the same age as my oldest son is now.  I'm just curious what your experience has been...either yourself or with your kids.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
dracomorrow
Re: Santa and kids...
My daughter is 8 and she say some of her friends believe and others do not. She still believes because it would be still too upsetting at this age yet. I am letting her figure it out bit by bit. I think it depends on the child
ModChristine

I agree.  I have a reponse ready when they really want to know the "truth".  I found it online and I love it.  Looks like we may make it through another Christmas here still "believing". :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Occasional Contributor
mumsafari

it's hard to tell. some kids firmly believe the existence of santa even at the age of 10. and tooth fairy too! my son is 5 and he definitely says i'm joking when i mentioned both. he is very sure that they are dress up or made up stories. every kids will realise some point in their life....:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
VLCenter

Let the curiosity be their as they would be enjoying it and this would also make things interesting. I have a kid and when I see him the way he imagines Santa and his band wagon flying in sky, it gives me  a sense to view his minds creativity as well. So let it be and gradually they would be facing the truth themselves. I wish God should have made such angel actaually to delight the kids. 

Contributor
firstschool01

The thought of having Santa around makes kids more excited about the holiday season, and sometimes knowing that Santa would only bring gifts for good kids, would make them better in their behavior. If it's for good causes, let them believe in santa!